The Department of Labor announced on October 17, 2018 two new web pages intended to assist both businesses and workers on compliance with the laws enforced by the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, and Child Labor Laws. These web pages, developed in response to employer feedback, collects tools and information in a centralized location.
The new and small business assistance web page offers information on the following:
- Laws enforced by WHD
- WHD Compliance Assistance Resources (including videos, toolkits, labor standards, fact sheets, FAQs, posters, and other materials
- WHD eTools (including information about Payroll Audit Independent Determination Program and the eLaws advisors)
- Other DOL resources
- Other governmental resources
- State laws and resources
The Compliance Assistance Toolkits web page offers the following toolkits for employers to help them understand and comply with the law, by answering frequently asked questions about federal labor standards and providing relevant federal posters:
- Basic compliance assistance
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Government contracts
- Youth employment
Matt Austin owns Austin Legal, LLC, a boutique law firm based in Ohio that limits its representation to employers dealing with labor, employment, and OSHA matters. You can reach Matt by calling him at (614) 843-3041 or emailing him at Matt@MattAustinLaborLaw.com.